Well tonight is the MLB All-Star Game. What used to be a game with the best players in MLB has turned into a game of the most popular players voted on by the fans. I guess that's okay but it just doesn't seem as pure as it used to. The fans can vote online multiple times which doesn't seem fair to me.
I will say that I was disappointed that Albert Pujols and Ryan Howard weren't in the Home Run Derby last night but I sure was impressed with Josh Hamilton. I had never heard of him until last night. He blasted 28 homers in the first round. That shattered the previous record for a single round.
He didn't actually end up winning the derby but it sounds like he's already a winner. The media reported that he is a recovering heroin addict who had found religion. I believe he found more than that. He spoke of how he wouldn't have been there if it weren't for God and also said he wanted to thank his personal Savior Jesus Christ.
Rick Ankiel has a similar comeback story although it wasn't from drugs. Ankiel should probably be playing in the game tonight. He has 20 homers, 50 RBIs, and an .880 OPS and can play center field like he was born to play it. Maybe he was? He also takes every opportunity to thank his Savior Jesus Christ.
Enjoy the game!
No comments:
Post a Comment