Tuesday, November 11, 2008

7 Things You May Not Know About Me #3

As a young teen my parents bought my brothers and I a go-kart to ride around our 3 acres. The problem was that about 2 of the acres was mostly tall weeds and grass. Although we had a gravel drive that went around our entire house, my much OLDER and WISER brother Randy decided WE should burn a trail in the 2 acres. I'm sure I tried to discourage HIS decision but HE wouldn't listen. Should I mention the grass and weeds were very dry and it was a windy day. WHAT was HE thinking?

HE lit the match and our new trail was about to be ready for racing. That was until our new trail turned into an inferno. One of us ran to get the garden hose but it wasn't even close to being long enough. This fire was in need of Billing's finest, the Billings Rural Fire Department. By the time they arrived the inferno had finished off the 2 acres and headed across the fence to our grandfather's field. Fortunately they had it extinguished in no time.

If you knew me you would know that I was as much to blame, if not more, as Randy. The good thing was that we now had plenty of clear acreage to ride our go-kart. Boys will be boys!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't think I'd tell Becky that story if I were you. :-)

Brother Gary aka Papa said...

I didn't remember you being apart of this episode that much. I always thought this was a Randy thing. Interesting.


Dad

Trish said...

Well, my friend Jennifer A. aka the "3 Gals & a Guy" has tagged me and this is a different type of tag than normal. Here are the rules:

Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the closest.
Tag five people to do the same.

This is too funny! I am at the computer, and the book shelf is right next to it. Well, all of Roger's books are nicely placed on the bookshelf, while mine are strown throughout the house LOL. So the first book I picked up was The Complete Biblical Library, and wouldn't you know page 56 was in hebrew or greek or some other language. Since I can't figure out how to type those symbols I had to go to the next book, which was the Bible. So here goes....

Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." Jacob said, "Please tell me your name." But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there.

So, I think I'm going to tag:
Abby
Patrick
Nicole
Jennifer Mi
Amy

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!! I didnt know about that one. I could totally picture the whole thing as if I was there and how the whole converstaion would have went down between Randy and Patrick.

Craigery

Shelley said...

We have more in common than I realized!