Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year

Usually with a new year people including myself are thinking about how the next year will be different. Maybe you had a great year...you're probably still thinking about how the next one will be better. Maybe it was just ok or even bad....you're almost for sure wanting a better year.

I've certainly been blessed with a wonderful wife, children, family, friends and church. For the most part our family has been in good health.

I am honestly disappointed with my growth over the past year. I don't feel I'm where I should be spiritually. I feel like I could be a much better husband and father.

It all pretty much comes down to this...if I want to have a better year....it's mostly up to me. Now I obviously can't control other peoples health, life or death, or the decisions they make. But, I do play a large roll in what kind of person I become. I decide whether or not I sit down and read or study the Bible today. I decide how much time and effort I put into anything I do.

What will you do differently in 2009? How will you be better on January 1st, 2009 or December 31st, 2009? It's a slow process. One day at a time. Baby steps etc....

Have a great new year! May each day be better than the last and remember it's (mostly) up to YOU!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Patrick, glad I found you. You can link to me if you would like.