A Biography of the Beer that Changed the World.Stephen Mansfield tells the story of the Guinness family going back almost 250 years. This book is not only about the Guinness family as beer brewers but as Christians, politicians, soldiers and so much more. This is a family compassionate about helping their fellow man. As successful as they've been as brewers, they've been so much more successful at life.
When I first saw this book I was curious how a Christian family could brew beer and really be a Christian. That goes against everything I was ever taught and possibly everything you were ever taught. They do it, and they do it well. This book is a lesson in business, faith and life.
Mansfield does a wonderful job covering the history of this incredible family and their employees. I don't usually like history but this book is full of it. The first couple of chapters were difficult for me. After that, I found it hard to put the book down. If you really knew me, you would be shocked to hear me say such a thing.
In the end we are left with what Mansfield calls the "Guinness Way" but you'll have to read it to find out what the "Guinness Way" is. I really enjoyed reading this book and I think you will too.
I reviewed this book as a member of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger program. http://brb.thomasnelson.com/
1 comment:
Hi Patrick
Happy New Year to you! I trust you are having an enjoyable day. My name is Todd Stepp and I work for BooksChristian.com, here in Franklin, TN. We are a Christian owned & operated company that sells over 200,000 Christian products.
I have visited pabewiza.blogspot.com/ and have noticed that you post book reviews on your blog. I wanted to see if you would be interested in partnering with us, enabling visitors to your blog to purchase books that you review, as well as other books that you may suggest to them (books of the day etc.). In return we would pay you 9% on every sale made. There is very little work that would need to be done on your end, as we provide all the tools to create links and codes that you can post on your blog.
I would love to discuss this further with you at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you!
Regards,
Todd Stepp
--
todd stepp
bookschristian
e: todd.stepp@bookschristian.com
p: 615.497.9808
aim: mctoddstepp
Post a Comment