Friday morning we headed off to Memphis for a Saturday evening wedding. Saturday we spent the early part of the day at the Memphis Zoo. Will's favorite part was the Bonobo's (Chimps). They would come close to him by the glass and kinda interact with him. I had my camera up close to the glass on one of them and he smiled at me like he knew what I was doing. I'm sure he did. I wasn't able to get the picture because I was too close to him for my autofocus to allow me to snap the shot. We were fortunate to walk up on the sea lion show as it was just starting. It's amazing how smart they are. As you can tell by the picture with the elephants there was a little bit of an odor in the air. We saw the Panda's in what I thought was a very nice exhibit. I didn't know this but I was told that there are only 3 zoo's in the US that have Panda's. I've been to 2 of them now. Becky and I saw them at the World Famous San Diego Zoo on our 3rd anniversary. We had a good time at the Memphis Zoo and I thought it was very nice. If you're ever in the area and have time to go, I recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment