I'm trying to recover at work and at home from our small vacation to Branson last weekend. We actually spent Friday through Tuesday in Branson and then traveled to my parents house in Billings on Tuesday evening. Wednesday we went into Springfield and then traveled home that afternoon.
We stayed at Treasure Lake RV Resort which is kinda like a campground. We stayed in a little "duplex". It was like a small cabin. It wasn't toddler friendly but we made it work. The resort has a fairly nice swimming pool which we took advantage of on Saturday. Will and I played a round of miniature golf at the resort on Sunday.
Saturday afternoon we went to Noah the Musical with my parents and some folks from their church. We didn't take Will or Zach. From the very beginning they tell you that "this is a fictional account of a factual event." I guess that's like saying a movie is based on actual events. I have to be honest that I have a problem when this is being done with a factual religious event. How are the people that aren't familiar with the true story supposed to know what is true and what isn't? This place was filled with small children, what are they going to believe? Who is going to explain the truth to them? Did some hoodlums really throw Noah in the Ark and set it on fire?
I won't go back to see Noah the Musical and I won't recommend it to anyone. If you go, you might have a different viewpoint. That's fine. I've heard from some other's that have been and they enjoyed it. You might be one of them. I'm just glad that my parents were able to buy the tickets at a discounted local price. I'm glad we went to see it to know what it was like. I will say this... the stage set, animals (live and animated) were nice.
We went to White Water, Celebration City and Silver Dollar City with White Water being the most fun and relaxing for me. Will had a good time at all and Zach even got to play in the water and ride some rides. We didn't go to SDC until Tuesday because it rained on Monday. By then my calf muscles were tight as a set of guitar strings from all the walking I had been doing. I heard one SDC employee say it was the busiest day she had worked so far. We were hoping it would be slower during the week but that wasn't the case and the traffic getting in to the park was as bad as I have seen in a long time. They are doing some road construction around the park which made it a major hassle getting to a parking lot. Once the construction is done things should be much smoother.
Wednesday we made a trip into Springfield to go to the Discovery Center which is kinda like a science museum. We've been there before and Will and Becky really enjoy it. I like it but I get bored pretty quick.
Overall we had a pretty good trip...but it's always nice to be back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment