We had a good visit and then moved on to some shopping. Well, it wasn't really shopping. Becky wanted to walk down to one of the toy stores that has all of the educational type toys and games. She mainly just wanted to look at a few things and check some prices.
From there my family went on their way home and we headed to Andy's Frozen Custard to get some yummy dessert. Custard may sound yucky to some of you but it tastes like high quality ice cream. My personal favorite is the James Brownie Funky Jackhammer. I was still stuffed from our meal so I just had a strawberry shake. Andy's started in Osage Beach, Mo but we know them best from Springfield, Mo. It's one of those places that you just have to go to if you are close. Kinda like Krispy Kreme was before they put one in every US city except Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Since Zach didn't eat any Chinese food we had to make a quick stop at Mickey D's before heading home. We got him a nugget happy meal and I think all he consumed was the chocolate milk that came with it. Oh well.
As we were heading home we were probably about 15-20 miles south of Fayetteville when I saw what at first looked like two dogs crossing the interstate. As I got closer I realized it was two small deer. I slowed down to avoid them but then a third deer approached and I was unable to avoid striking it with the right front of our van. There was screaming (Becky) and crying (Becky and Zach). I pulled over to make sure the van was ok and then we continued home. Zach quit crying fairly quickly and Becky was obviously bothered by the whole event. She loves animals and I'm sure it bothered her that we just struck and killed a small deer. We were both thankful that Will had spent the day with his Grammy and two cousins Meredith and Alli. I was thankful that it wasn't a big deer and that we were in our van and not a car because it might have rolled up the hood and done more damage. Fortunately the damage was fairly minimal as you can see below. I thought it was minimal anyways. The body shop estimate was $2,313.86

7 comments:
Wow! As many times as I have driven that strip, I have never hit a deer. I've always feared it though. Glad to know you all are OK. Sorry about your van though.
SCARY!!! I am so glad that you all are okay, and that it didn't cause any more damage.
technically, Andy's started at Lake of the Ozarks, then they sold it (and made the new owners rename it Randy's) and moved to spfld. just keepin' it real for you. :) i am thankful, though, that you and yours were safe. i can imagine that was traumatic.
Carrie - technically here is the real story...
Andy's Frozen Custard began in Osage Beach, Missouri when John Kuntz and his wife Carol were looking for a change. John, who had sold everything from cars to real estate, took on the challenge of selling frozen custard. The venture has defined them as legendary Springfield, Missouri residents.
The first store at the lake took off like a rocket. Lines of people gathered to taste the incredible new treat. Inspired by their success at the lake, the family targeted Springfield for their next location and new home. With their first location on East Sunshine, they introduced supreme frozen custard to the city; a legacy was born.
John and Carol's son Andy worked long hours beside his high school sweetheart and soon-to-be wife Dana at the store on East Sunshine. Through hands-on work, Andy learned the business from the ground up, continually striving to expand and improve it.
With the opening of new locations and devoted new fans, Andy's Frozen Custard created quite the following, driven by a supreme product and unmatched customer service. At the heart of each Andy's is a fun work environment, where part time jobs for teens and full time positions for adults are valued equally, and all share in the fanaticism that brought Andy's to life.
Now, with three locations in Springfield and franchises in several states, these little shops offer customers near and far from its Osage Beach roots a slice of hometown Americana, where it's fun to be a kid for a while.
I'm glad you all are okay. I'm sure glad Will wasn't with you as well. Can you imagine all of the questions??
Serioulsy... I think Springfield, MO has some of the best food ever, with Andy's being one of my faves!!!! And I need some Mexican Villa!
So glad you all are okay... I would have screamed too!
Springfield, Mo. does have good food -- just look around at all of us overweight people. Seriously, Andy's is super delicious, Springfield Chinese food--yum, yum, Mexican Villa but all of the mexican restaurants are different but all unique, even Golden Coral--I've ate at a Golden Coral in other cities and I would never go back--but Golden Coral in Springfield is different. Lone Star, Logans, Texas Roadhouse, OUTBACK, Cheddar's, Applebee's, TGIF, Chili's, even the Heritage, Olive Garden, Zio's, Springfield Pasta House, Houlilo's (this is not spelled right) but where do you stop? Italian, Mexican, Greek, American, Chinese--Springfield has it.
Post a Comment