Wednesday, March 11, 2009

World Vision Wednesday

I'm going to make an attempt at a short series I will be calling World Vision Wednesday. I hope to make you the reader more aware of how God can change a child's life forever through you.

As a child sponsor, you are connected with one special child who will know your name, write to you and feel your tender love and prayers. Your child sponsorship monthly pledge of $30 will provide a child with things such as:

Clean Water - Nutritious Food - Health Care - Educational Opportunities - Spiritual Nurture

I wouldn't encourage you to be a child sponsor if I didn't believe in it myself. Becky and I sponsor two children. The first child we became a sponsor of is a boy from Rwanda by the name of Innocent. About 3 years ago we became a sponsor for a little girl from India by the name of Pooja. We send them birthday cards as well as other correspondence throughout the year. We also receive reports about how they are doing in school, their health, their family, their community and other things.

Most of us can cut out a few fast food meals or other luxuries to be able to afford the $30 it takes to change a childs life. I understand some people can't afford to do this but most can.

You only have one life...do something!

To learn more about World Vision and how you can sponsor a child click here.


No comments: